A handful of your favourite Australian artists are inviting you to join them for two nights of entertainment in the heart of picturesque Byron Bay, this January, to raise money for the NSW RFS Northern Rivers and Far North Coast Brigades.
We are asking for your help, we might not have influence over the heavens but we sure can do our bit to Make It Rain in dollar bills!
Bernard Fanning & Ian Haug, Wolfmother, T’N’T, Tim Rogers, Tex Perkins & The Loose Rubber Band, ARC (members of Spiderbait/You Am I/Jet/Even), Jackson Carroll, Jimmy Willing & The Real Gone Hick-Ups feat. The Buffalo Gals, Monica Frances will take up at The Beach Hotel in Byron Bay. To join them, head to MAKEITRAIN2020.COM.AU and donate $49 for a single night or $89 for two nights to secure your tickets.
Local independent brewery Stone & Wood is donating several fundraising Karma Kegs for the evening, plus a prize of lunch and drinks at the brewery and four cases of fresh beer.
Can’t make it to Byron? We also have an online Auction featuring some money CAN’T buy items and experiences, that you CAN buy! Including an original etching from award winning artist Ben Quilty, a personal training session with Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky, a tennis lesson or game for three with Pat Rafter, a song writing session with ARIA Award winner Bernard Fanning, and more to be added! Head over to www.makeitrain2020.com.au bidding starts Dec 17th and closes Jan 17th.
“A few months ago I was asked to play at a fire relief benefit called Ewingar Rising” explains Tex Perkins. “I was aware that the area had been devastated by fire storms. It’s always an honour to be asked to help people in hard times and to use my music for good, not only for fundraising, but for healing.
Then the rest of NSW started to burn. Suddenly fires were everywhere. Places that had never burned, and should never burn, and it hit really close to home, literally. A small bushfire in the national park near where I live quickly became a 2000 hectare blaze, it’s now over 6000 hectares and growing.
We evacuated our animals, children and prepared as best we could. The fire still burns but we’ve been lucky…so far.
My local fire brigade announced an outpouring of thanks to the local people for their $1000 donation, as a result of that generosity, they could buy short wave radios to use out there whilst fighting fires!
I was shocked! Fucking hell! These guys are out here and deserve the best equipment!”
If they want equipment let’s get them what they want, let’s fund the firies!
Let’s MAKE IT RAIN”
WED 8 JAN – The Beach Hotel – Byron Bay NSW
Featuring WOLFMOTHER, ARC (members of Spiderbait/You Am I/Jet/Even), JACKSON CARROLL, MONICA FRANCES
THU 9 JAN – The Beach Hotel – Byron Bay NSW
Featuring BERNARD FANNING, T’N’T, TIM ROGERS, TEX PERKINS & THE LOOSE RUBBER BAND JIMMY WILLING & THE REAL GONE HICK-UPS (feat. The Buffalo Gals) and guest MC CHRIS HEMSWORTH
ALL TICKET SALES DONATED TO NSW RFS NORTHERN RIVERS AND FAR NORTH COAST BRIGADES.
TICKETS AVAILABLE www.makeitrain2020.com.au
Online Auction via MAKEITRAIN2020.COM.AU
- An original Etching by Ben Quilty
- 1x hour Personal Training Session with Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky
- Maton guitar signed by Powderfinger
- Signed surfboard from seven-time world surfing champions Stephanie Gilmore
- Surfing session on the Mid North Coast with Joel Parkinson and Mick Fanning somewhere near the QLD/NSW border.
- Tennis Lesson or game for three people with Pat Rafter
- 1/2 day songwriting session with multiple ARIA Award Winner Bernard Fanning
- A personal styling session at the Byron boutique with Isabella (Spelly), champagne and a $500 tab at the shop from Spell & The Gypsy Collective
- Golden ticket for you +1 to all publicly ticketed concerts at The Fortitude Music Hall in 2020
- You and 3 mates join the legendary Stone & Wood Head Brewer to brew your very own beer
www.makeitrain2020.com.au bidding opens Dec 17th and closes Jan 17th 2020