In response to the overwhelming success of the ARIA charting release, Undercovers Vol.1, Australian metal band LORD have released a video clip for their Savage Garden cover “To the Moon and Back”. Directed by the band’s own Lord Tim with his production company Arc Shot Media.
Bassist Andy Dowling explains, “Video clips have always been an identifiable part of LORD. With the recent success of Undercovers Vol.1, and more specifically the praise that To the Moon and Back has received, we thought it would be fitting to further extend our take of the Savage Garden classic. Not only the music but now visually as well.”
“We targeted various iconic spots throughout Sydney as well as enlisting a number of great friends in the Australian Music industry, to help us capture what we feel is a real cinematic feel. In part we’re paying tribute to the original video itself.”
The video describes a young runaway wandering alone though a city full of the lost and broken. In her darkest moment, a guiding light offers a path towards hope.
“Undercovers Vol. 1” debuted at #7 in the Australian Artist ARIA charts and #1 in the Australia Independent Records Charts, where it remained in the top 5 for 3 consecutive weeks. The release features 23 tracks which are exclusively available via the bands Bandcamp page. The release includes 2+ hours of podcasting bonus content from LT and Andy Dowling, talking about the stories from each song. Limited track listings are available via streaming platforms and on a limited edition hand numbered CD.
Artwork for both single and album by Tristan Tait Illustrations
Complete Bandcamp release track list:
1. To the Moon and Back (Savage Garden cover)
2. Judas be my Guide (Iron Maiden cover)
3. Send Me an Angel (Real Life cover)
4. Of Sins and Shadows (Symphony X cover)
5. Message in a Bottle (The Police cover)
6. Shattered (Pantera cover)
7. Playing to Win (Little River Band, John Farnham cover)
8. Someone’s Crying (Helloween cover)
9. Hard to Live (Harem Scarem cover)
10. Creeping Death (LIVE) (Metallica cover)
11. (I Just) Died in Your Arms (Cutting Crew cover)
12. Reckless (Judas Priest cover)
13. Silent Jealousy (X Japan cover)
14. I Want Out (LIVE) (Helloween cover)
15. The Sun Always Shines on TV (A-ha cover)
16. The Whisper (Queensryche cover)
17. Touch the Fire (Icehouse cover)
18. Wild Child (LIVE) (W.A.S.P. cover)
19. Break the Ice (John Farnham cover)
20. Runaway (Bon Jovi cover)
21. On a Night Like This (Kylie Minogue cover)
22. Madhouse by Blackened Angel (Anthrax cover)
23. Night People by Blackened Angel (Dio cover)
LORD is essentially a continuation of DUNGEON, one of Australia’s longest-running heavy metal bands, with over a dozen releases so far. Undercovers Vol. 1 is the second release to bring chart success to the band. Their last full length 2019 album “Fallen Idols” saw the band reaching #20 in the Australian ARIA charts and #2 on the Australian Independent Labels chart.